PREPARING FOR A NEW LOAN APPLICATION
Once you receive your Loan Estimate, if you decide to proceed with your application at RMS, we will need a number of documents to process your application.
- Employment paystubs from the last 30 days
- Tax documents (W-2 forms & 1040’s) from the past 2 years
- If self-employed , 2 years Business and Personal tax returns (all pages)
- All bank statements from the last two months (all pages)
- All retirement savings statements (IRA/401K) if being used for transaction
- Current Photo ID
- Signed Intent to Proceed form
- Appraisal Fee
Already have a house under contract? Please also bring:
- Copy of the Purchase & Sales Agreement
- Copy of the Earnest Money Deposit check (front and back)
- Copy of the Legal Description of the Property (Deed)
Along the way, you may need to provide the lender with updated financial information. So, we may ask you to continue to send some documents again, such as your most recent bank statements and pay stubs.
Don’t worry. We didn’t lose the originals. We’ re keeping your profile fresh.
Sometimes, things change. Lenders just want to be sure that they understand your financial situation today, not six weeks ago. Providing updated statements and employment records ensures that they have the most recent information to make their final decision about your loan.
For information purposes only and is not a commitment to lend. Programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. Availability dependent upon approved credit and documentation, acceptable appraisal, and market conditions. Not all programs available in all areas. Residential Mortgage Services, Inc. is a Maine Corporation headquartered at 24 Christopher Toppi Drive, South Portland, ME 04106. NMLS#1760; www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org; Equal Housing Opportunity; MA Mortgage Lender License #MC1760; MA Mortgage Broker License #MC1760; Rhode Island: RI Licensed Lender #20092626LL; RI Licensed Loan Broker #20122931LB.